You’ll have to excuse the poorly lit, nighttime photographs and the lateness of this Wednesday post. I forgot that the batteries on my camera had died so I needed to charge it up before I could take photos, and well, the day tends to fill up pretty quickly with preschool, playtime and dance class, a toddler who decided she was, in fact, not going to nap today and then dinner and bedtime and all that good stuff!
Anyway, here’s what The List looked like last week:
1. Road Trip Quilt Along: finish quilt top. Finished! This is a partial photo. I’ll have to get some better photos in the daylight later this week. I’m thrilled to have this finished top, but now I need to baste and quilt it!2. Gathered clutches. No progress. I want to make increasing my number of these a priority in the next couple weeks because I will open my Etsy shop in exactly two weeks and I’d love to stock a couple!
3. Luna Bags: the Essential Tote. Minimal progress. I finished one more. It’s pretty, using a Dear Stella fabric on the outside and a tan denim on the inside.
4. Be Free Bees free form quilt robin: finish top. No progress. I do have a plan though, so that might be sort of progress?
5. Quilt for Brian. No progress. However, I did get two blocks in the mail from others, including one all the way from Australia.
6. Equilateral triangle hexagon block tutorial. No progress. However, the 4×5 Bee has just begun, and I plan on working on this tutorial for the bee.
7. Safe Motherhood Quilt Project block. Some progress. I have created the text, and drawn it on the block with my disappearing pen, as well as begun the embroidery.
8. English paper piecing Rose Star wall hanging. Some progress. I have all the papers and the corresponding fabric shapes cut out. I started basting a few today during dance class. I wanted to show you a picture, but I brought my bag of paper pieces home and put it somewhere where the toddler wouldn’t get into it. Now I can’t find it. I’m blaming it on “pregnancy brain,” but regardless, no photo of progress.
9. Mei tais. Progress. Actually, I’m thrilled with what I’ve done on these this week. I’m feeling like a mei tai Rock Star. Jessica’s is finished! The parts are all cut out for both of Gaby’s and the straps are finished for one of the them (which is big, because the straps take a huge proportion of the time required to make a mei tai, and they are the most tedious.
9a. for Jessica. Finished!
9b. for Gaby #1. Some progress.
9c. for Gaby #2. Minimal progress.
1. Road Trip Quilt Along: baste and quilt top. I need to get some means of basting other than my straight pins for a quilt this large. Basting pins? Basting spray? What do you think?
2. Gathered clutches.
3. Luna Bags: the Essential Tote
4. Be Free Bees free form quilt robin: finish top
5. Quilt for Brian.
6. Equilateral triangle hexagon block tutorial
7. Safe Motherhood Quilt Project block.
8. English paper piecing Rose Star wall hanging.
9. Mei tais
9a. for Jessica: mail
9b. for Gaby #1
9c. for Gaby #2
10. Laundry bag for Virginia
11. 4×5 Bee Blocks
11a. Samples: hexagon + boxes
11b. Blocks for bee members (5)