For some time, I was in the habit of posting my works in progress in the form of The List each week. This was good for me, as it allowed me to see where I was and what I had to do, and it was also a good way to share with all of you about what projects I have happening in my sewing room. I enjoy seeing the progress pics of my online sewing friends, and I think the process is as important as the finished result.
I have a small dress full of Works in Progress, and one of my sewing goals this year is to work through those projects, but here is The List for what on the immediate horizon:
1. Bill’s Quilt. This quilt top is finished. I hope to deliver it to the long armer this weekend, and then when I have it back, I will have to bind it.
2. Sarah’s Quilt. Fabric is ordered. I’ve designed a chevron pattern for her and ordered Moda essential dots in bubble gum and aqua (which is a little more green than your standard aqua: it will work perfectly for Sarah’s requested pink and mint green request).
3. MQG Riley Blake challenge baby quilt. Will I or won’t I finish this by February???
4. Secret table runner.
6. February block and tutorial for the Stash Bee. I’m up next!
7. starter block for Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilts. #sottq
8. blocks for Rachel. My friend Rachel and her fiancé have requested quilt blocks from friends for their wedding. I wrote a tutorial, so I have one, but there are two others that I would like to include. These need to be mailed by February.
9. 4×5 Modern Quilt Bee blocks (6). Okay, so sign-ups for this bee don’t even start until Monday, but I’m planning to sign up, so I’m putting this on here!
10. Brie: baby Brynn was born in October, so I need to get this one made ASAP.
11. Kim: I have been hoarding this fabric for Kim’s someday baby for ages. Really. Years. She studied tropical fish ecology in grad school (where we met) and the fabric has a scene of (you guessed it) tropical reef fishes. Her New Year baby was born January first.
12. Christine: My sister is expecting Oliver in March.
[Possible 13 + 14: my friend Kathryn mentioned wanting a couple mei tais for expecting friends, but I don’t have any details yet, so these aren’t officially on The List]
13. Five pillow covers for the St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild cares project. I have to pick up some labels at the meeting this weekend.
So, there you have it. The list is rather longish at the moment, even for my preference. I’m happy when it hovers around 8-10 projects in the works.
Edit: Whoops! Almost forgot: 14. Curtains for my living room. Better get those done. We’re rather exposed at the moment.
And to a lesser degree (probably won’t get done until the rest of the things on this list): 15. Curtains for the dining room.