Well, friends. The plan is still to open the Sewing by Moonlight Etsy store on my birthday. That’s ONE WEEK from today! I do only have a few items to stock at this point, but I figure the point is to start, even if I start small. Right?
My products will be primarily bags and baby items. I will begin with two bags.
1. Luna: The Essential Tote.
I originally designed this tote as a library bag for my daughter. The straps are short enough that a small child can carry it (if it’s not too full of books) without the bag dragging on the ground. The straps are attached to a heavyweight lining to support the weight of several books. I also added a small zippered exterior pocket to store a library card or other essentials.
I then realized that this bag also fits me perfectly as a short strapped tote that tucks under my arm. It would be great for a project bag or a day bag or a place to stash your research materials for class. The possibilities are endless, and it’s very versatile in both function and user.
2. Callisto: The Gathered Clutch.
This is the clutch I use every day. It is 12 inches long by 6 inches high with a zippered top and an interior zippered pocket. The idea for the gathered clutch was derived from a tutorial on Noodlehead. I purchased her pattern so that I would have rights to sell that clutch, but I have never actually opened the pattern file. I just thought that since the original idea was hers, purchasing the rights was the right thing to do. The Callisto is larger in size and the interior design is different. I include a detachable wrist strap, but, by request, I have also made Callisto with a longer strap so the bag can be worn over the shoulder or cross body like a purse.
This Callisto is up for grabs:
To Enter the Giveaway:
1. Leave me a comment. Tell me what sorts of bags you would like to see or would be likely to purchase in the Sewing by Moonlight Etsy store. Some possibilities: totes (large or small, zippered or not), snack bags, small zippered pouches, diaper bags, messenger bags (for children or adults), clutches (perhaps a smaller size or different style). Are there other types of handmade products that you buy or that you would be likely to buy if they were offered?
For additional entries:
2. Like Sewing by Moonlight on Facebook and share that page to help me get the word out. Leave a comment telling me who you are on Facebook and that you shared my page.
3. Write a blog post about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the link to your post.
The giveaway will close at 11:59PM EDT Wednesday, October 17th. I will pick a winner with random.org and post the result to this blog.