Well, I spent too many nights this week staring aimlessly at the computer and wasting time instead of enjoying myself in my sewing room and managing some productivity. Too bad. No idea where the motivation was this week. I think I need to find some time to run a little bit more. Amazing how running, which you would think might drain your energy, actually improves it. Hmmm …
Here’s what The List looked like last week:
1. Road Trip Quilt Along: order fabric for final border + finish quilt top. Some progress. That is, if sitting at the computer and clicking “Buy” counts as progress. Ha. Fabric is on the way and then I can move on with this.
2. Gathered clutches. No progress. Again. I almost stayed up late to make one last night just I wouldn’t have to write “no progress” here again, but bah! I was crippled by that lack-of-motivation bug I mentioned.
3. Luna Bags: the Essential Tote. Progress. I finished two of these this week. I am determined to open my Etsy Shop on my birthday, October 17th, even if I only have 2 items to list. It has been a long standing goal of mine, and dammit, it’s time!
4. Be Free Bees free form quilt robin: finish top. No progress.
5. Quilt for Brian. Some progress. I managed to finish a few more blocks (they really are easy to put together!) and am now up to 7. Which seems significant until I realize I need 42.
6. Equilateral triangle hexagon block tutorial. No progress. Planning on writing this up for the 4×5 Bee.
7. Safe Motherhood Quilt Project block. Progress. I’ve made the block. The finished dimensions are 12 x 16 inches. I intend to embroider the name and date of death of the woman in whose honor I’m making this block.
8. Kid’s play oven mitt tutorial. No progress. This idea is cold on the back burner. I’m taking it off the list.
9. English paper piecing Rose Star wall hanging. Some progress. I have the paper pattern pieces all cut out and have decided on fabric placement. I also volunteered to pick up one of the empty days on the Travellig PicStitch Blog Hop. I’m not completely sure how wise this was considering I have NO experience with English Paper Piecing, but I’m just going to jump on in and see how it goes!
10. Mei tais. Some progress. Jessica’s fabric has arrived and has been pre washed. Gaby’s is ordered and on the way as of today.
10a. for Jessica
10b. for Gaby #1
10c. for Gaby #2
So, The List remains the same as last week. Actually, one item less since I’m taking something off without completing it. Illusion of accomplishment.
1. Road Trip Quilt Along: finish quilt top.
2. Gathered clutches.
3. Luna Bags: the Essential Tote
4. Be Free Bees free form quilt robin: finish top
5. Quilt for Brian.
6. Equilateral triangle hexagon block tutorial
7. Safe Motherhood Quilt Project block.
8. English paper piecing Rose Star wall hanging.
9. Mei tais
9a. for Jessica
9b. for Gaby #1
9c. for Gaby #2
Other fun progress happening you can check out at Freshly Pieced!